Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Boyfriend didn't get me anything my last two birthdays...?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. We are both college students, so we don't have a ton of money, but I have been working part time for my money the last 1.5 years, and he makes almost twice as much as me (granted it's still not a lot) by receiving money from his dad being a veteran. Last year, he simply apologized for not getting me anything because he had no money, so I accepted it, but was a little hurt he didn't even get a card, or even try to do anything out of the ordinary. His birthday is a month after mine, and I took him out on a nice pick-nick where we had our first date, bought him expensive wine, dressed up, and had lunch made for him, and dessert. I also put together a whole music collection of songs that we love. This year, same thing. He claims he is too broke. I know he doesn't have a lot, and I mentioned that not everything has to cost money to be thoughtful. Still nothing. Now his birthday will be coming up, and I can't help but feel resentful. I feel like he can be stingy with his money when it comes to me, but then he pays $600 for a new part for his Harley. He has lent me money before, and then reminds me daily that I owe him it. What would you do or say if you were me?

No comments:

Post a Comment