Friday, July 8, 2011

Has anyone ever witnessed a bad reaction to a surprise party?

I ask because I feel very guilty. I am 2 days away from my due date with my second child and after returning from the hospital emergency room, i opened my door to a surprise baby shower and flipped sht. I told the individual who threw the party multiple times i didnt want a baby shower. It was on father's day so it ruined my husbands and I's plans. And my son was being watched by his grandma when he slipped in the tub and opened up his chin real bad which is why we were at the e.r. Worst, the party was thrown in my house without knoweledge of it and the individual who threw the party didn't bother to clean. People were in my house for hours and when i came in there was a bra on the floor in middle of hallway, food crushed into my carpet, private paper work on the counter to be seen by all (a traffic ticket for an expired inspection sticker) and just embarrassing stuff like that. Then because my initial reaction was so bad, I spent the duration trying to pretend to be as happy as possible but all I wanted to do was sit down and drink some water. The individual who threw the party didn't know me very well and so she just invited friends from my facebook which led to people who i don't like coming with kids that misbehaved and destroyed the house. I spent the night crying because of all the work were gonna have to do to get the house spotless again before our baby comes, and i get my degree in two days so i have a lot of school work to do. It was just really really unplanned and un thoughtful timing. The prior event to set this spiral of anger off when I walked in the door was that the individual who threw the party spent the entire time my husband and I were at the e.r. complaining that my mom "hurt him on purpose" to ruin her baby shower (family drama) and that I always over react and I probly took my son (2yrs old) to the hospital "for a scratch" she didn't even ask if he was okay or where he got hurt or how. She just called me up at the hospital and told me she was driving home cause she didnt want to sit around all day by herself. Then later I find out she had to be talked into staying, for the party she hosted and brought all these people to. Sorry this is so long, but I am so upset and I just feel so embarrassed that I reacted so poorly in front of all those people. do you think I was wrong, do you think they will understand? All suggestions are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment